Assignment 5 Brief
Two main sections:
• An Executive Report – utilising your knowledge identify some of your key recommendations on how to deliver the project successfully.
• A Project implementation Plan – a project deliverable from the methodology that the organisation has, a brief plan on the Planning, Implementation & Closing Stages of the project.
Combine together into one document, submit as a PDF.
The Assignment Scenario & Requirements document highlighted 6 key requirements – which are matched to their applicable section in red.
Executive Report (Approx. 1250 words total)
• Management Report, written like a report
Introduction (150 words)
• Brief Background
• Reference Presentation
• Reference Financials
Recommendations (1000 words)
6. a set of recommendations as to how the project can be successfully implemented.
4 – 8 key management tactics/strategies for successful implementation of the Project
• External Quality Assurance
• Scope Change Management
• Communications Management
• Organisational Change Management
• Development Approach (e.g. Waterfall or Agile)
• Team Formation (HR Management)
• Any other item from the course you believe execution of will assist successful implementation
• Sponsors/Steering Committee Roles, etc
• Scheduling techniques
• Any other area of study from the course you feel is important for successful project delivery!
Conclusion (100 words)
• Brief Wrap-up
Project Implementation Plan (Approx. 750 words total)
1. a comprehensive pre and post implementation plan of the new customer systems for the organisation;
2. an implementation plan detailing time, cost and resource schedules. This is a project management document and you must fully demonstrate your skills in presenting a project management plan;
• Plan covering the Planning, Implementation & Closing Process Groups
• Concise Project Management document. Focus on clarify of communication (e.g. tables, Bullets, Numbered lists)
• Referencing allowed, but likely most your referencing is in the previous section
• In house Build or Buy
• Contract or Internal Staff
3. an identification of resources required to implement the above project plan;
• Budget Allocation
Monitoring and Control
5. strategies to tracking project progress (including cost) for the project; and
How will the project schedule, budget, etc be monitored over the life of the project?
Covering time and cost, including provisions for risks and changes
Plan Risk Management
4. a highlighting of potential risks (including challenges) and how these risks can be mitigated;
Identify Risks to the Plan and recommend mitigation strategies
• Key Resources
• External Vendor
• Requirements Quality/Completeness
• Make sure you include Planning, Implementation & Closing Stages
References (not included in word count)
• Standard USQ Style
Appendices (not included in word count)
• Work Breakdown Structure/WBS Dictionary
• Financial Analysis
• Other Artefacts from Assignment 3 relevant to this document
• Other models/etc
An Executive Report – utilising your knowledge identify some of your key recommendations on how to deliver the project successfully
Assignment 5 Brief